APARTMENT & FLAT INSURANCE IN SPAIN
Protecting your apartment or flat is an essential part of life in Spain.
An introduction into apartment and flat insurance in Spain.
Whether you own your own apartment or flat in Spain, are just renting it or renting one out as an additional source of income, we have the insurance products suitable for you to cover your home.
If your buildings insurance is covered under the community scheme then you can save yourself some money and all you will need to do is cover your contents. If you are just renting the apartment the same applies regarding the buildings insurance. It is likely to be insured by the rental company or landlord, but it is always worth checking. If you have rented an apartment fully furnished the landlord is likely to have the insurance to cover his contents but not your contents or personal effects.
It's a simple process and we always advise our clients to take photographs, even if it is just on your mobile phone, as this will provide proof in the event of a claim. Contents insurance can include valuables such as jewellery, laptops, electrical items and breakables. Accidental damage cover is available and all risks policies for valuables on you and about your person can also be covered.
- Policies include 24 hour, 365 days a year home assistance.
- Goods are insured on a value as new basis.
- Index linked insured terms ensure that the sums do not become outdated and that in the event of a claim, you receive the adequate compensation payment.
- An option to pay by instalments.
The options include:
- Legal defence, claims for damages, an IT assistance service and a 24 hour assistance and a home improvement service.
Policies are in English and if you have a mortgage we can provide documentation to show your provider that you are fully covered.
- Fire, explosion, lightening, water damage, damage caused by acts of vandalism or of ill intent,
- Floods, rain, hail, snow, broken windows, broken sanitary ware.
- Theft with violence and mugging inside the home.
- Miscellaneous expense of salvage.
- Broad cover for public liability as the owner/tenant and head of the family, including public liability for fishing up to 300,500€
- Repair assistance service, 24 hours a day, all year round and a DIY service.
- Family legal defence.
- IT assistance.
- Legal defence for Internet commerce.
Optional Cover. - Plus plan
- Extension of cover for theft with violence, mugging and larceny.
- Breakage extension: Perspex furniture, glass and ceramic hobs and glass in electrical appliances.
- Aesthetic restoration of the building/contents. Garden reconstruction.
- Replanting trees/garden.
- Refrigerated goods.
- Garden furniture.
- As above but includes:-
- Excess water consumption.
- Complete building collapse.
- Accidental spills of liquid other than water.