Dangerous Sports Insurance in Spain.
INSURANCE IN SPAIN FOR ALL YOUR
SPORTS & LEISURE ACTIVITIES
INSURANCE FOR ACCIDENTS & INJURIES FOR INDOOR AND OUTDOOR PURSUITS IN SPAIN INCLUDING DANGEROUS SPORTS.
Sports injuries are common.
If you are a budding sports person or just looking to cover yourself in the event of an accident or injury whilst playing your favourite sports, horse riding, or are just at home and like walking or cycling or doing something that may cause an injury whilst not at work, then this is the product for you.
Personal accident & Injury insurance premiums start from as little as 79.43 a year !
With the temperate climate in Spain, many sports enthusiasts can practise their preferred hobbies, leisure activities and sports all year round. Most sports and leisure activities in Spain are often related to the outdoors and being surrounded by cool Mediterranean waters, encourages us to do many water sports.
At www.insuranceinspain.com we can provide you for protection for personal accident or injury for most sports and also cover you for any accident or injuries caused in or whilst pursuing your profession.
The information below is provided for those looking for personal Accident and Insurance in pursuit of their hobbies, sports and pastimes undertaken whilst not participating in any business or professional activities.
Accident & Injury Insurance Policy cover
– Accidental death.
– Accidental death – monthly annuity.
– Death due to a road-traffic accident.
– Accidental death of the insured and spouse.
– Accidental permanent disability.
– Accidental total permanent disability – monthly annuity.
– Permanent disability due to a road-traffic accident.
– Accidental major disability.
– Accidental total permanent disability – reform expenses.
– Death due to a heart attack.
– Total permanent disability due to a heart attack.
– Accidental temporary disability – daily indemnity.
– Health care expenses arising from accidents.
– Hospitalisation due to an accident – daily indemnity.
THE FOLLOWING SHALL BE EXCLUDED FROM THE POLICY COVER:
a. Events which are not considered accidents, based on the definition in the preliminary article.
b. Accidents occurring to the insured that stem from acts defined as a crime or an attempt of a crime, in which the insured actively participates.
c. Suicide and attempted suicide.
d. Accidents occurring to the insured during insanity, inebriation, intoxication caused by drugs, toxic substances or narcotics, when any of these effects were the determining cause of the accident. To this effect, inebriation shall be determined when blood alcohol levels exceed those levels permitted by current legislation when driving motor vehicles.
e. Congestion, sunstroke, exposure and other effects of the temperature, except when the insured is exposed to these elements as a result of an accident covered by the policy.
f. The risk of death for those under fourteen years of age.
g. Poisoning, allergic reactions and intoxication by ingestion of food.
h. Termination of pregnancies or premature births.
i. Illnesses which are not directly caused by an accident.
j. Any consequences deriving from angina, cardiopathy and heart attacks, except when cover for death or permanent disability due to a heart attack are taken out.
k.The consequences deriving from a “cerebral vascular accident” (CVA), which, despite its wording, does not meet the requirements set out by the definition of an accident in the preliminary article.
l. Muscle-skeletal pathologies derived from an illness or chronic or degenerative process.
m. Injuries and illnesses brought on by operations, medical treatments or therapies not caused by an accident covered by the policy.
n. Accidents caused by war, riots, invasions, military action (regardless whether an official statement is given or not), civil war, revolution or insurrection and claims which are catastrophic or terrorist in nature, which are covered by the Insurance Compensation Consortium.
o. Accidents caused directly or indirectly by nuclear reactions or radiation, radioactive contamination and other signs of nuclear energy.
The cover provided by this insurance includes accidents suffered by the insured; however, with regard to sports, cover is only provided for accidents suffered on a non-professional basis, i.e. when the person practising the sport does not receive any remuneration for doing so.
Sports activities included:
– Track and field, biathlon, triathlon, pentathlon.
– Basketball, handball, volleyball and beach volleyball.
– Hunting, including shooting and fishing.
– Skiing and snow boarding on ski slopes.
– Football, indoor football, 7-a-side football, beach football and field hockey.
– Gymnastics, bodybuilding and weightlifting.
– Swimming and water polo.
– Kayaking and rowing.
– Tennis, paddle, squash, badminton, table tennis and pelota.
– Surfing, windsurfing, water skiing and recreational sailing (on a sailboat, on a yacht or jet ski) up to 12 miles from the coast.
– Scuba diving to up to a depth of 30 metres.
THE COVER PROVIDED BY THIS INSURANCE EXCLUDES ACCIDENTS SUFFERED BY THE INSURED AS A RESULT OF PARTICIPATION IN THE FOLLOWING SPORTS AND/OR ACTIVITIES:
a. Accidents caused by practising any sport on a professional basis.
b. Accidents caused by practising (as an amateur) any of the sports not specified in the list of included activities, and/or by practising any of the following activities.
– Aerial sports: Parachuting, paragliding, hang-gliding and any other aerial sport.
– Land-based sports: Climbing, caving, canyoning, free riding involving descent on skis or bicycle, bungee jumping, cliff jumping, and motor racing and motorcycle racing in any form.
– Water sports: Scuba diving to a depth of more than 30 metres, kite surfing, river boarding, rafting and white-water navigation in any form.
– Contact sports: Not limited to boxing, fencing, judo, Greco-Roman wrestling, Olympic wrestling, taekwondo, rugby, American football, ice hockey mixed martial arts, bando kick boxing, eskrima, full contact, Brazilian jiu-jitsu, karate, kendo, kick boxing, lethwei, Leonese wrestling, professional wrestling, muay thai boxing, puroresu, sambo, san da, savate, shootfighting, shoot wrestling and sumo wrestling.
c. Accidents that occur when travelling by plane or any other means of air travel, unless the insured has occupied a passenger seat in an aircraft that has been duly authorised for the public transportation of passengers. However, accidents that occur when travelling as a crew member, taking aerial photographs, spraying crops and other similar activities are excluded.
Updated February 2020. Copyright www.insuranceinspain.com